Driving in the Cloud Dataset
The dataset comprises 11,688 malware binaries collected from 500 drive-by download servers over a period of 11 months. In addition to the malware binaries themselves, the dataset contains a database that details when and from where the malware was collected, as well as the malware classification.
More details can be found in the associated paper.
(2016/03/14) Due to the ageing of the dataset
(3 years) and the students in this project graduating,
we have decided to stop distributing the malware dataset
- For students, ask your advisor (or host) to send us an email for the dataset.
- For faculty, please send us the email from your official email account.
- Please include your name, affiliation, and homepage in your email. Your request could be ignored if we are not able to determine your identity or affiliation.
- Please cite our DIMVA paper in the paper that use the dataset.
- Please send us an email from your company's email account. In the email, please briefly introduce yourself and your company.
- In the email, please attach a brief justification letter (in PDF format) on official letterhead. The justification letter needs to acknowledge the "MALICIA" project from the IMDEA Software Institute and state the reasons why the dataset is being requested. Also, acknowledge that the dataset will not be shared to others without our permission.